REDHORSE Association Horse Talk
July 21, 2017, 09:34:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Horse Talk has been upgraded to the very latest version. Again, some personal avatars may have been lost during this upgrade but the upgrade was thought necessary to further protect our board from hackers. If your avatar no longer appears, please upload it again. I apologize for this inconvenience. This upgrade will allow us to make future upgrade and security patch installations much more easily.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register   *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2017, 09:34:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Links
Permissions

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rememberence  (Read 55 times)
Chuck Miller

Bob and I going on duty.

« on: June 07, 2017, 03:58:55 am »

Today is June 7th. I have seen nothing so far on this site about Memorial Day or the D-Day anniversary. I was hoping for something. I've seen a post about the lack of action on this site hoping it would spark some interest. To no avail. I realize that I am new here, but it seems that the traffic has died down since 2010. I was going to write something, but wanted to see what was going to happen. Sad. I tried to get some action but no one seems interested any longer. All of our losses. I hope that going forward things will improve. we should be proud of what and who we were. I am. I had two uncles at Normandy Beach, only one came back. He is buried in France. I thank them both. I thank you for your time in reading my BS. Chuck    To the Horse
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:00:27 am by Chuck Miller » Logged
Tom Gallagher
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 09:01:39 am »

Chuck, as I've said before, they all went to Facebook or Twitter or someplace that I don't go. Keep posting here and maybe we can get our folks back.
To the Horse,
Tom

555 RH 1968, Cam Ranh Bay, Carpenter
ATC Prime BEEF DaNang 1966
Tom Gallagher
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:48:15 am »

Chuck, I received your personnel reply. I have been on the BOD for 12 years as VP. I have resigned due to health reasons mainly for the travel difficulties. Back in the early days (2005) and up some of us took on local roundups. The idea was to have gathering of Horseman in their local area so to reduce travel. This went very well as we met a lot of friends and their families. We had a meet and greet on Friday night, an event to go to on Sat. day and dinner on Sat. night. Checked out and went home on Sun. Someone sponsors this and sets up a reduced rate at a hotel, resturant and local event. I personally set up St. Augustine, Fl-Silver Springs, Ocala FL and Veterans Day parades (6 times) in my hometown in Inverness, FL. It is nice when you are near a active RH Unit like I had. Greg McDougal had two in Savannah, GA. Dave G had two in Peoria, Ill and Tenn. Greg made up a how to pamplet and it is available to anyone that wants to do this. It was a lot of fun and not as expensive as a Convention far away.
Call me for any details that I can help and also for anyone else that happens to read this. This is/was a great site that is set up by Paul Sattler(secretary/treasurer) of the RHA. Now that this Twitter and Facebook came along it is dying at the vine.

Tom Gallagher
352-860-1629
tgallag1@tampabay.rr.com

555 RH 1968, Cam Ranh Bay, Carpenter
ATC Prime BEEF DaNang 1966
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: